DIET PLAN – Special tips not to forget.
NUTRITION - DIET
Remember: Half a loaf of bread is better than no bread..Something is better than nothing. That is, eat something more frequently than absolutely not eating anything…..which is a wrong myth. Rather eat less but more frequently. Don’t starve yourself for a long period as that will turn into fats.
- Be slow and steady but persistently go on and don’t give up!
- Take at least 2-3 litre of water daily. Half a litre between meals.
- In a day try to have 5-6 meals with a gap of 3 hours.
- Aim at having 3 fruits daily. Have a whole fruit but no juice. Avoid chikoo, papaya, mango, banana, custard apple.
- Try to consume homemade skimmed milk and also curd made out of this milk. As this milk provide all goodness of milk except fats.
- Eat all colourful vegetables, include green leafy too. Avoid potato, brinjal, sweet potato, peas.
- Eat lot of salads before every meal. Make your salads interesting by adding pomegranate or apples or pineapple or raisins, sprouts or chicken slices.
- Eat your meals very slowly and don’t watch TV or read book or talk on phone, just be with your food only.
- Try and suffice 3 teaspoons of oil in the entire day food preparation. To use minimum oil, start using different methods like steaming, baking grilling, roasting and start using pressure cooker preparations.
- Limit your daily sugar intake as excess turns easily into fats.
- Add a variation to daily cereals intake in breakfast like can have rawa or dalia, oats, jowar, bajra , nachni preparations. Don’t follow” NO CARBS” diet plans…
- Avoid legumes and whole pulses in night. Thin moong dals is a good option.Use plenty of sprouts and soy in your diet.
- Exercise daily…..as negative energy balance is possible by only exercising….floor exercises are the best, like surya namaskars, skipping, climb up the stairs, make a conscious efforts to do stretchings.
- Start saying NO to excess food
- If there is a will, there is a way…don’t wait, lose excess weight happily and start feeling fresh all the time.